We are celebrating Dream Dinners’ 20th birthday this month!
As part of our celebration, we’re sharing five retired recipes from our collection. These meals might not be coming back on our menu, but you can still enjoy them at home with your family!
Click here to check out our fabulous March menu. We’ve included some of our favorite classics, like Herb Crusted Steaks, plus new meals like Quiche Lorraine and Mediterranean Power Bowls!
Chipotle Aztec Steaks with Spanish Rice
Grill or broil these tender steaks for a quick and healthy dinner. Our marinade is a delicious combination of sweet heat and savory garlic, fresh cilantro, and mild, smoky chipotle. Serve with Spanish rice and fresh wedges of lime.
- 6 steaks
- 1 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chipotle pesto
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Spanish Rice Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp dried cilantro
- 2 Tbsp diced red peppers
- 2 Tbsp diced mild green chilis
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup black beans
- Combine all ingredients (through sugar) in a large mixing bowl to create the marinade. Place the steaks in a pan or large zip-top bag, add marinade, cover (if in a pan), and place in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, add Spanish rice mixture and 1 1/8 cups water. Bring to boil, stir once, cover, and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes. When done cooking, stir to blend.
- Grill steaks on medium-high or broil for 2-3 minutes per side.
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.