We are celebrating the 19th anniversary of Dream Dinners this month!
As part of our celebration, we’re sharing five retired recipes from our collection. These meals might not be coming back on our menu, but you can still enjoy them at home with your family!
Click here to check out our fabulous March menu. We’ve included some of our favorite classics, like Penne with Chicken and Peanut Sauce, plus new meals like Tortellini Primavera and Southwest Shrimp and Grits!
Down Home Texas Ranch Chili
Lean ground beef and a kidney bean and black bean combo simmer with the bold flavors of chipotle, garlic, and natural hickory smoke to create the perfect chili.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 tsp natural hickory smoke
- 1 ¾ cup diced white onion (set ¼ cup aside)
- 1 ½ cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp chipotle base
- 3 cups diced tomatoes in juice
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup bacon crumbles
- 2 tsp beef base
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef, about 5-7 minutes, and drain excess liquid.
- Add all ingredients except the beans, 1/4 cup diced white onion, and cheddar cheese to the browned beef, cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Add beans and remaining 1/4 cup diced white onions to chili and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Top each serving of chili with 2 Tbsp of cheese.
Optional: Take your chili up a notch with fresh lime wedges, sour cream, or extra hot sauce!
Do you need some help tracking down items in this recipe? Here are examples of some of the less common ingredients in this meal:
- Natural Hickory Smoke ("Liquid Smoke")
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.