Did you know that we have more than one thousand recipes in our “vault” at Dream Dinner?
For over 20 years, we’ve been busy in the kitchen, creating recipes for families to enjoy together. Sometimes we decide to “retire” a recipe and when we do that, we love to share it with our guests in case they want to continue enjoying it at home! Today’s retired recipe is our Hearty Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, which is perfect for crisp fall weather and crockpot season. Enjoy!
- 1 lb of sliced or diced chicken breast
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. chicken base
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. roasted garlic base
- ¼ cup dried onion flakes
- In a large pot on the stovetop over medium heat, add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil. Add the chicken, wild rice blend, granulated garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, white onion, celery, carrots, and mushrooms to the pot.
- Stir until the chicken starts to cook, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Add 3 cups of water, whisk again, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes until rice is tender.
Optional: Add 1/2 cup water or chicken stock or until desired consistency.
Do you need some help tracking down items in this recipe? Here are examples of some of the less common ingredients in this meal:
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.