We are celebrating Dream Dinners’ 20th birthday this month!
As part of our celebration, we’re sharing five retired recipes from our collection. These meals might not be coming back on our menu, but you can still enjoy them at home with your family!
Click here to check out our fabulous March menu. We’ve included some of our favorite classics, like Mini Chicken Pot Pies, plus new meals like Quiche Lorraine and Mediterranean Power Bowls!
- 6 tuna steaks
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp ginger puree
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 4 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Add butter and wasabi powder to a food processer and whip to create wasabi butter (be very careful not to expose yourself to the wasabi during this process). Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Next, combine all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl to create a marinade. Place the tuna steaks in a pan or large zip-top bag, add marinade, cover (if in a pan), and place in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
- Preheat grill or sauté pan to med-high. Spray a large nonstick sauté pan or grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove tuna steaks from the pan/bag and discard the marinade.
- Place tuna on the hot grill or in a hot pan and cook 2 minutes per side for rare tuna or 3 minutes per side for medium-rare tuna. (Ideally, rare or medium-rare tuna is
best. Overcooked tuna can be dry and chewy.)
- After flipping tuna, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve tuna steaks with a pat of wasabi butter.
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.