I’m excited to share a retired Dream Dinners recipe that your family will love!
This flavorful meal is perfect for grill season, combining tender tuna steaks with a Tuna Steaks marinated in a sweet chili, soy, wine sauce infused with garlic, onion, and ginger. Quickly sear them, crust with sesame seeds, and top with as much homemade wasabi butter as you dare!
– Chef Laura
Yield: 6 servings
Seared Sesame Crusted Tuna with Wasabi Butter
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 6 tuna steaks
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- 2 Tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tbsp ginger puree
- 2/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup white cooking wine
- 4 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Add butter and wasabi powder to a food processer and whip to create wasabi butter (be very careful not to expose yourself to the wasabi during this process). Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Next, combine all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl to create a marinade. Place the tuna steaks in a pan or large zip-top bag, add marinade, cover (if in a pan), and place in the refrigerator for 2-24 hours.
- Preheat grill or sauté pan to med-high. Spray a large nonstick sauté pan or grill with nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove tuna steaks from the pan/bag and discard the marinade.
- Place tuna on the hot grill or in a hot pan and cook 2 minutes per side for rare tuna or 3 minutes per side for medium-rare tuna. (Ideally, rare or medium-rare tuna is
best. Overcooked tuna can be dry and chewy.)
- After flipping tuna, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve tuna steaks with a pat of wasabi butter.
*Due to the different product brands you may find at your local grocery store and their varied nutritionals, we are unable to provide nutritional information for this recipe.
I would try this!
Comments are closed.