Like most events recently, Super Bowl parties are going to look a little different this year.
But what you munch on during the game doesn’t need to take a hit! For this year’s big game, Dream Dinners has a great Mexican inspired buffet to enjoy with your quaranteam. Each element is a tasty finger food that’s perfect for when you need to jump up and cheer for your team.
To start, our January menu features Mini Beef Tostada Cups, which are just screaming to be featured in your Super Bowl snacking lineup. This delicious meal debuted on our September 2020 menu and has become a fan favorite, making it the perfect entrée for viewing the big game! Round out your main course with a savory snack buffet, featuring our Elote Corn Bruschetta and nachos. Everyone will love these fun and creative finger foods, plus they’ll provide fuel for hours of commercial football watching.
Let’s Talk About Nachos:
The latest nacho trend, and yes, there are nacho trends, is to create one large nacho feeding zone. Videos on TikTok show people setting up these tasty feasts, and we love the idea of covering the table with foil for easy cleanup! Once you’ve covered your serving space with foil or a disposable tablecloth, you’ll want to evenly scatter several bags worth of tortilla chips. Next, drizzle a sauce pot full of heated cheese over the chips, being careful not to burn yourself or anyone else.
Now it’s topping time. You can add any topping you may want, like chopped onions, jalapenos, black beans, ground beef, lettuce, or diced tomatoes; just be sure to distribute them evenly. If a table-size nacho buffet seems too extreme for your group, by all means, go back to the plate or baking sheet, as any amount of nachos will be delicious!
We hope you have fun viewing the big game, spending time with your favorite people, and enjoying delicious food!
Elote Corn Bruschetta
This easy Mexican dish is simplified further with the help of Dream Dinners!
- 1 Baguette
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Bags of Key Lime Corn, thawed (available in our Sides & Sweets freezer)
- ¼ Cup Lite Mayo
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ Cotija Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. While the oven heats, slice the baguette into 1-inch rounds.
- Place the baguette rounds on a baking sheet and drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil over top. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until the rounds become toasted and golden brown.
- While the bread is toasting, mix the Key Lime Corn and lite mayo together in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the baguette rounds are ready, remove them from the oven and place a heaping scoop (about a tablespoon) of corn mixture onto each round of toasted bread. Sprinkle with cotija cheese and chili powder. Repeat for each bruschetta. Enjoy!