Ginger is a spice with great health benefits. One of the active ingredients in ginger is called gingerol – said to have anti-inflammatory properties. It is said to also contain a high amount of antioxidants and is used to help relieve nausea.
Ginger is an extremely versatile root that has a pungent spicy taste. Ground ginger, mostly used in baking, has a much different flavor than minced ginger, commonly used in cooking.
Some great ways to add the health benefits of ginger are:
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of ground ginger in 2 pounds of mashed potatoes
- Lightly sprinkle on top of fresh peaches or pears
- Add 1 tablespoon of ground ginger to steamed green beans
Dream Dinners meals containing antioxidant rich ginger:
- Crispy Sesame Chicken with Gingered Green Beans
- Chicken Yakitori over Rice
- Thai Ginger Beef Kabobs
- Savory Grilled Chicken with Sesame Honey Butter
- Hawaiian chicken with Jasmine Rice