This delicious shortbread cookie recipe came to us from Stephanie Allen, Dream Dinners Co-founder as a family recipe.
- 2/3 Cups - Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup - Butter
- ½ Tsp - Almond Extract
- 2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup - Raspberry Jam
- 1Cup - Powdered Sugar
- 1 ½ Tsp - Almond Extract
- 2 TBSP - Water
- In a large bowl combine Sugar, Butter & ½ Tsp of Almond Extract
- Beat on medium speed until creamy
- Reduce speed & add Flour
- Beat until well mixed ~ about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1" balls, place on cookie sheet 2" apart
- With your thumb, make an indent in center of each cookie
- Fill with ¼ Tsp Jam (edges may crack slightly)
- Bake 14 – 18 minutes on 350
- Cool completely
- Mix with wire whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies