Labor Day weekend is one of the busiest travel weekends of the year and we know traveling with kids is no easy task, especially when it involves long flights or car rides.
Try a few of these easy summer travel ideas so you can spend less time worrying about the stress of travel and more time making memories with your family.
– Bring a variety of your kids’ favorite healthy snacks such as sliced or dried fruit, popcorn, granola bars, trail mix, or string cheese. Keep perishable foods in a small cooler with plastic bags of ice that can be refilled at gas stations for free as the ice melts.
– Make erasable activity books by inserting coloring book pages, crossword puzzles, and other activity sheets into page protectors in a three-ring binder. Give kids a pack of dry-erase markers or, for less mess, dry-erase crayons to use with their new activity books.
– Pack children’s outfits in Ziploc bags to find clothes easily and eliminate the decision-making involved with getting dressed each day. Plastic bags can be reused for dirty clothes or wet swimsuits.
– Technology can help long trips go by much faster. Use a portable DVD player or tablet to watch a new movie or a favorite TV show. Check out this list of apps for kids to keep them entertained.
– To save time and money, take your Dream Dinners with you when you travel. Just pack them in a cooler with ice and, if you’re flying, secure the cooler with a luggage strap before checking it with the rest of your luggage. Now you can spend less time in restaurants and more time having fun. Read more about traveling with your Dream Dinners here.