Are you planning a summer vacation?
No matter the type of summer trip, Dream Dinners has a great solution for family meals that won’t break the bank! Check our blog each month this summer for Chef Laura’s vacation meal plans. Her thoughtful menus have ideas for a weeklong vacation, including a few nights of sampling the local fare! Whether you are staying with family or friends, in an Airbnb or VRBO, or in an RV as you tour the country, we’ve got a meal plan for you. Skip the hassle of packing ingredients or prepping ahead and the cost of eating out each night; just pack Dream Dinners, and you’ll be all set for tasty, easy vacation meals!
Are you heading to the mountains for cooler weather, hiking trails, and lakeside relaxation? Spend more time kayaking with the kids and less time in the kitchen with these delicious dinners.
- Sunday – Grilled Chicken Skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce, Summer Grilled Vegetables
- Monday – Slow Cooked BBQ Beef, Sour Cream & Chive Potato Wedges, Coleslaw Salad, Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
- Tuesday – Outlaw Chicken Marinara, Cheesy Broccoli Bake, Sweet Potato Fries
- Wednesday – Eat Local
- Thursday – French Onion Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries, Southwest Green Chili Mac N Cheese, Peach Crisp
- Friday – Eat Local
- Saturday – Summer Grilled Traditional Pizza, Garlic Bread, Salad
This meal plan is perfect for a road trip vacation, including traveling with an RV or camper from one campground to another. Are you building a road trip out of visits to friends and family? Pack your meals in ice (change the ice out each day), and you can show up saying, “we’re here, and we brought dinner!”
- Sunday – Lucky Dragon Pork Tenderloin with Szechuan Green Beans, Hope’s White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Monday – Orange Asian Chicken over Rice and Sweet Gingered Carrots, Bumble Blossoms
- Tuesday – Eat Local
- Wednesday – Bacon Mac n Three Cheese, Almond Green Beans
- Thursday – Chicken Yakisoba Noodle Bowl, Peach Crisp
- Friday – Eat Local
- Saturday – French Onion Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries, Summer Grilled Vegetables
Nothing seems to build up kid’s appetites quite like swimming, so consider getting extra servings for your beach trip!
- Sunday – Eat Local
- Monday – Charred Honey Lime Chicken with Mexican Street Corn
- Tuesday – Catalina Shrimp tacos with Cotija Cheese, Key Lime Corn
- Wednesday – Grilled Chicken Caesar Sandwiches, Sweet Potato Fries, Heath Bar Crunch Cookies
- Thursday – Eat Local
- Friday – Summer Grilled Traditional Pizza, Garlic Bread, Salad
- Saturday – Grilled Mojo Steak with Pineapple Salsa, Toasted Onion Potato Wedges, Chunky Oreo Brownies
Are you staying at a place with a pool or enjoying a summer stay-cation with lots of pool days? Try this menu plan for easy dinners that will fuel the whole family.
- Sunday – Cubano Chicken with Black Beans and Rice, Summer Grilled Vegetables, Luscious Lemon Bars
- Monday – Chicken and Cheddar Empanadas, Mexican Street Corn
- Tuesday – Eat Local (try someplace new)
- Wednesday – Outlaw Chicken Marinara, Cheesy Broccoli Bake, Sweet Potato Fries
- Thursday – Eat Local (try someplace new)
- Friday – Grilled Mojo Steak with Pineapple Salsa, Toasted Onion Potato Wedges, Pineapple Upside Down Cakes
- Saturday – Catalina Shrimp tacos with Cotija Cheese, Chipotle Corn
Have you traveled with Dream Dinners in the past? We’d love to hear your tips and tricks and which meals (or types of meals) you love to take on the road! Comment on this post or send us a direct message on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.