Are you hitting the road this summer for a family vacation?
No matter the type of summer trip, Dream Dinners has a great solution for family meals that won’t break the bank! Check our blog each month this summer for Chef Laura’s vacation meal plans. Her thoughtful menus have ideas for a weeklong vacation, including a few nights of sampling the local fare! Whether you are staying with family or friends, in an Airbnb or VRBO, or in an RV as you tour the country, we’ve got a meal plan for you. Skip the hassle of packing ingredients or prepping ahead and the cost of eating out each night; just pack Dream Dinners, and you’ll be all set for tasty, easy vacation meals!
Are you heading to the mountains for cooler weather, hiking trails, and lakeside relaxation? Spend more time kayaking with the kids and less time in the kitchen with these delicious dinners.
- Monday – Campfire Grilled Pork Chops with Chipotle Maple Corn, Southwest Green Chili Mac and Cheese
- Tuesday – Canadian Bacon Stuffed French Bread, Salad, Sweet Potato Jojos
- Wednesday – Eat Local
- Thursday – Summer Grilled Pesto Chicken Pizza, Garlic Bread, and Caesar Salad
- Friday – Texas Roadhouse Burgers with Salt & Pepper Fries, Bountiful Baked Beans
- Saturday – Eat Local
- Sunday – American Sports Grill Steaks with Seasoned Onion Rings, Grilled Summer Vegetables
This meal plan is perfect for a road trip vacation, including traveling with an RV or camper from one campground to another. Are you building a road trip out of visits to friends and family? Pack your meals in ice (change the ice out each day), and you can show up saying, “we’re here, and we brought dinner!”
- Monday – Canadian Bacon Stuffed French Bread, Salad, Sweet Potato Jojos
- Tuesday – Eat Local
- Wednesday – Greek Turkey Meatballs with Tzatziki Yogurt Sauce, Mediterranean Salad with Chickpeas and Feta
- Thursday – Buffalo Chicken Cavatappi, Salad, Hope’s Heath Bar Crunch Cookies
- Friday – Eat Local
- Saturday – Summer Grilled Pesto Chicken Pizza, Garlic Bread, and Caesar salad
- Sunday – Southwest Pork Carnitas Wraps, Key Lime Corn
Nothing seems to build up kid’s appetites quite like swimming, so consider getting extra servings for your beach trip!
- Monday – Coconut Shrimp with Tropical Chili Sauce, Mexican Street Corn
- Tuesday – Summer Mexican Chicken Power Bowl, Hope’s Heath Bar Crunch Cookies
- Wednesday – Cod with New England Chowder Sauce, Spinach Bacon and Orzo Pasta Salad, Watermelon Slices
- Thursday – Eat Local
- Friday – Summer Grilled Pesto Chicken Pizza, Garlic Bread, and Caesar Salad
- Saturday – Summer Shrimp Boil, Salad, and French Bread
- Sunday – Eat Local
Are you staying at a place with a pool or enjoying a summer stay-cation with lots of pool days? Try this menu plan for easy dinners that will fuel the whole family.
- Monday – Summer Mexican Chicken Power Bowl, Peach Crisp
- Tuesday – Eat Local (try someplace new)
- Wednesday – Summer Grilled Pesto Chicken Pizza, Garlic Bread, and Caesar Salad
- Thursday – Eat Local (try someplace new)
- Friday – Coconut Shrimp with Tropical Chili Sauce, Grilled Summer Vegetables, Rice
- Saturday – Bistro Steak Kebobs, Toasted Onion Wedges, Spring Salad
- Sunday – Cod with New England Chowder Sauce, Spinach Bacon and Orzo Pasta Salad, Watermelon Slices
Have you traveled with Dream Dinners in the past? We’d love to hear your tips and tricks and which meals (or types of meals) you love to take on the road! Comment on this post or send us a direct message on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.